Depositing checks has never been easier. Use the Peoples Iowa Mobile App on your mobile device to make your deposit. Just choose your checking account, verify the amount you are depositing, and take a picture of your check with your mobile device.
MOBILE DEPOSIT INSTRUCTIONS
Items deposited through the Mobile Deposit service must be no more than $2,000 in value. The daily limit for Mobile Deposit is also $2,000. The limit per month is $5,000. Items made payable for more than this amount will not be accepted through Mobile Deposit and must be deposited at one of our bank locations or at a deposit enabled ATM.
- Verify the item is acceptable for Mobile Deposit before attempting to deposit. To do this, verify the following things:
The check is payable to you.
The check is endorsed by you.
“For Mobile Deposit Only” is written beneath your endorsement signature.
Your account number is written beneath “For Mobile Deposit Only”.
There are no creases or folds in the check.
The check does not have a background that may make it difficult to read
- Prepare to capture an image of the check by placing it on a flat, well-lit surface. The darker the background is the better the image quality will be
- Log into your PSB Mobile Banking app from your camera enabled capture device (such as a smartphone).
- Select the “Camera” icon. (1st time selecting the “Camera” icon, you will be asked to accept the Mobile Deposit Services Agreement disclosure.)
- Select which checking account you would like to receive the deposit and enter the amount of the deposit. Select “Next” to continue.
- Verify and confirm the deposit. Select “OK” if the account and deposit are correct.
- You will be prompted to capture an image of the front of the check. Be sure to capture a straight-on image of the check and not one from an angle. Ensure the entire check is captured and that the image is in focus. Select “Capture Front of Check” button.
- Flip the check over and repeat the same process to capture an image of the back. Select “Capture Back of Check” button.
- You will receive notification that the Mobile Capture is finished. Select the “Finish” button to complete the deposit transaction. (It is possible on this screen that you will receive an error message if the front or back of the check needs to be recaptured.)
- Store the check in a secure location for 60 days. After 60 days, mark the check VOID and destroy.
Questions about PSB’s Mobile Deposit service? Please view the Frequently Asked Questions or call the bank at 844-772-4692 and one of our friendly representatives will be happy to assist you.
For complete details of our Mobile Deposit service, please refer to the Mobile Deposit Service Agreement.